Thursday, April 19, 2012

A walk to the box.....

I took a short walk today to the mailbox with my son.... he rode his bike and I walked.  It was nice to get out of the house after being inside working all day.  I loved the fresh air and the sun finally came out and was shining it was beautiful.  I love being outdoors it is so relaxing.  I didn't walk far but I did a half a mile and I figured that had to count for something because at least I was moving.  The wind was blowing a little but it was certainly a nice change from the rain that has been moving through the city over the last few days.  My son is so silly today, he thinks that he is buzz light year and is wearing his buzz light year Halloween costume, he makes me laugh and is truly one of the reasons why I am on this amazing journey each and everyday.

I am trying to decide what to fix for dinner tonight.... I jumped on the scale this morning and it hasn't gone down.  I think I am going to wait until my next doctors appointment on the 28th before I weigh in again.  It is so disappointing to not see the number move when you feel that you are doing everything right.  I know I need to get in some more exercise, however as for eating I am doing what I am supposed to.  I have been watching everything and I have really been thinking about everything that goes into my mouth.  I think I need to start tracking it though in a notebook so that I make sure I am not missing any calories.  I might start that next week after I make a trip to the store. 

I miss my friend..... the one who wasn't very nice to me.  I know it sounds silly, but I do..... I miss him, it has been a year now since we talked and it just feels so strange.  I went on vacation recently and it was like everything I did I kept thinking about the times that he was with me and how we used to do those things.  I just need to move on and I am trying but it is hard.  I think that is why I  am writing how I feel here so I can get it out of my head.  I am so used to everyone saying time heals and yes for some things it certainly does but in this case I didn't get any closure and I think that is why it bothers me so much.... I need to focus on me though and my journey...... so I am going to try to put it in the past and move on.

2 comments:

  1. I know the missing someone feeling! I don't know your story but hang in there! I miss someone too and it totally stinks and makes running that much harder for me. Oh well I try and cry it out while I run! Good for you and letting go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does stink... I keep telling myself that it gets easier everyday but I am not really sure if it does. If you read my post "A reflection....how you made me feel" it pretty much explains it in a nutshell... I am working it out one day at a time.

      Delete