Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PFG

I have never had anyone following my blog until today so I never mentioned that I had applied to become a writer on the prior fat girl website.  I have read the blog for years now and thought what a great opportunity it would be to blog on the site so that maybe others would read my journey and follow along with me on my way to losing over 130 pounds.  I didn't mention that I had applied because no one was reading my posts here or following my blog.  I am happy that I had applied and I was even happier when I was chosen to become a finalist.  I wasn't sure how it would work but I was super excited.... I was excited to get my story out there and see if others might relate to me and my journey.  I didn't have many relate to my journey and my journey had one of the lowest amounts of votes.  I am okay with that and I am so happy that they found 2 new writers that I can start following along with their journey as well as continue on my own.  The disappointment in not getting to be a writer on the blog and in the fact that I had one of the lowest amounts of votes made me that much more motivated to continue on my journey.  I have a purpose and it is to lose weight and become healthy.... priorfat girl blogging or blogging here I have the same goal.  It made me realize that I need my blog right now for me and that if others choose to follow along I am all the happier.  I enjoy writing and I am working on me for me, I realize that when applying to wrtie on the priorfatgirl website that the post I wrote to get nominated didn't tell everyone who I am as much as I would have liked it to.  So in the next couple a days I will write about where I started, what happened and how far I have come to this point.  I will write about my struggles with my weight loss and the fact that almsot 20 relatives have had weight loss surgery and why I choose to try to get healthy my way and not go under the knife....  I am proud of what I am doing and how far I have come since choosing to write this blog about my weight loss.  I am working on hard and doing good things.  I have been eating healthy and trying to excercise but I will be honest excercise and I don't go hand in hand we aren't really close friends if that tells you anything but I am trying and that is all I can do.... :)

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your blog today! I too am starting my journey! so much fun to read blogs and be able to connect with people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I agree it is so good to connect with people and learn about people who might be struggling with the same things you are. :) I look forward to reading your blog as well.

      Delete