Monday, April 2, 2012

Vacation



I am going on a trip! A road trip to be exact.... I am so excited to get out of the city and head to Las Vegas!! I am also excited to celebrate my sons 5th Birthday! Yes, I can't believe my baby is going to be 5. I love him so much and he is a huge reason to fight for my healthiness. I want to be here for many, many more Birthdays. I am excited for this trip. It is the first time I have taken a vacation with just my mom for a really long time. My Aunt and my 2 younger cousins will also be there but really I get to spend time with my mom and I am super excited about that. I love my mom so much and I don't know what I would do without her. She is such a good friend and I rely on her a lot. She watches my son during the day so that I don't have to pay for daycare and I am super grateful for everything she does for me everyday.

Vacations are a little crazy because of all the eating out that you do but I am prepared. I know what I have to do. I have my nifty apps and I am able to find out how many calories are in the foods I am going to eat and I can even track which foods I eat so that I make sure I am not over my calorie limit.  I also have some snacks packed that I can take with me in the car in case I get hungry while driving.  It is so easy to just pull into a gas station and grab some snacks....and we all know that snacks in the gas station are not that healthy.  I am prepared and I am feeling so good about going on this vacation.  I am also super excited to have a few days off from work and be able to do something fun with my family.  Being a single mom it isn't often that you get to take vacations as they seem to add up and become very expensive so I am so happy that I have this chance to go. :)  I am leaving tomorrow after work and it is going to be so much fun!!  I can hardly wait and I keep watching the clock just hoping time moves a little faster. 

I am also super excited because I ordered some nifty food containers today from www.easylunchboxes.com as recommended on the PFG website.  I am super excited for them to come I ordered the containers and a new lunch sack to put them in..  I can't wait to use them when I get back from Vacation!!  I am super excited to try them. :)  Yay for new things to make life easier and make it easier to pack my lunches during the week.  

VACATION!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment