Friday, March 2, 2012

Epic Fail

I really did plan to get up on time and go into work this morning... however I shut off the alarm clock and the back up alarm didn't go off until 5:55 a.m. I am an early worker have to be to work by 6. I do have the option to work from home though so here I am working from home. I love having that option to either go into the office or not go into the office.
I looked out the window though and I am glad I stayed inside it is cold and gross outside. It has snowed for the last 2 days and I was really not looking forward to snow. This has been a pretty calm winter and I like that. I am ready for spring weather though. I love in the summer being outside taking my son to the park and just walking and walking and walking while he rides his bike. Spring/Summer is by far my favorite season for many reasons... I love to be outside, I love to go to the pool, love to go walking in the park, enjoy all the fresh fruits and the farmers markets. I can't wait till winter is completely over and spring begins.
Since I am working from home though I do have an easier choice on breakfast this morning which is great. I am making coffee cup eggs which are one of my favorites......
Microwave Coffee Cup Scramble
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 45-60 seconds
Makes: 1 serving2 Eggs (or 1/2 cup Egg substitute if you prefer)2 Tbsp. Milk
2 Tbsp. shredded Cheddar Cheese (or reduced fat or fat free if you prefer),
optional Salt and Pepper
1. Coat 12-oz. microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. Add eggs and milk. Beat until blended.
2. Microwave on High for 45 seconds, stir. Microwave until eggs are almost set, 30-45 seconds longer.
3. Top with cheese; season with salt and pepper
160 Calories, 12 grams of protein
This by far is one of the most delicious breakfasts I can think of..... Have a great day I know I am going to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment