Friday, July 13, 2012

Running..100 mile Bike ride.....and a Dr. Appointment.

So I have my Dr. Appointment tomorrow.... I am looking forward to it just to see where I am at and how I am doing and if I have at least been maintaining since I was in last time....since I wasn't completely committed to this process.... so a maintain is better than a gain.  We will see where I am at tomorrow and then to be accountable I will post that on here so that I am accountable for what I am doing.  It makes it all real when you can have it there in front of you and see it right?? I am not going to sabotage myself this time because I feel like that is what I do every time that I start on this journey and I am not going to let that happen. 

My roommate told me yesterday that his boss has told him that he is going to ride in the 100 mile bike ride for Jr. Diabetes next year..... so guess what.... You got it, I am going to start training with him... I know I am setting all these goals but they are attainable.  I have year to get ready.  When I hit my year... my goal is to be healthier, in shape so that I can bike ride the entire 100 miles... able to run more than the intervals that I have been doing for the last few days.  I feel proud though, after only starting to walk/run for the last 3 days today I got in  2 runs.... 10 minute intervals before work and 21 minutes of intervals after work.... MY CALVES are KILLING ME!!  But it is not going to stop me.... see quote below on PAIN!!  I can do this I really can I have this in the bag.  I seriously have my mind set.  I watched something and it just clicked for me.... I guess it really only takes that...something to make it click for you and I am there.  I want to do things that right now I can't do.  I mentioned before I want to go on a cruise when I turn 40 (that is in 3 years) but I don't want to go on a cruise and be unhealthy and hide in my room the entire time.  Next year besides doing the 100 mile bike ride, I want to go River Rafting...I have always wanted to go, but I thought I am 300 + pounds.... they are not going to let me on the raft it will sink!! ( I know it probably won't sink ) ... but you get my point.  These are the things that I say to myself.... because that is how deep down I am feeling.  I know people stare at me, I know it isn't in my head because I know it happens I have done it myself...I stare at other people who are heavy and wonder if I am as big as them and really does it matter.... ??  I don't think it really does.... what matters is what I do about me and what I want... and I want to be at a healthy weight and do everything I can to be the best mom I can be and the best person I can be for me for my son .... that is really all that matters..... so I am doing it.... I got this in the BAG, bring it on baby!!
This is so true, now more than ever... I realized this once I started running intervals.  It is only going to hurt for a little while.

See me below....yes that is real sweat dripping off of my head and it felt FREAKING AMAZING!!

And one last quote that really hit my hard today and it is so true!

2 comments:

  1. Amy I love this post you seem to have great plans and I hope you you can accomplish every single one of your goals!!!

    Good luck! :D

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emilio, it means a lot that you are following me on this journey. I have great things planned for myself and the encouragment is always super helpful!

    ReplyDelete