Tuesday, July 10, 2012

10 days in ....and it is just to HOT!!

I seriously am hating this heat.... 102 degrees when I jumped in the car today to head home from work.  Really this is just to hot!  It is to hot to leave the house but I do it anyways because I have to work, it is to hot to workout but I am trying I have to workout right underneath my swamp cooler so that I don't fall down and die..... seriously water is my best friend right now which in all reality is a good thing.  I am making progress and trying to figure out what my next move is.  The calorie counting seems to be going alright but I need some motivation.  I feel so lazy, I even took the elevator a few times at work over the last couple of weeks.  I need to stop taking that darn elevator again....there really is no reason for me to jump on the elevator, I am perfectly capable of walking up the stairs...out of breath when I get to the top .. YES .. but still perfectly capable of taking them.  I just don't have any motivation this heat is taking a toll on me and it is making me crazy.  I don't remember it being this hot last year but then again maybe it was. 

Relay is coming up and I don't think I am ready, I haven't been training or putting in the walking hours and I am probably going to need a million breaks but I am doing it regardless if I am ready or not.  I am thinking we are going to get in a few miles walking all night long but it will be so worth it in the end.  I am excited for Relay.  Even though I haven't earned a dime towards my goal of $100.00 I am still excited and ready to go for the big night coming up in less than 2 weeks. :)

So I have a new goal.....I want to take a cruise.  It is my goal to drop at least 100 lbs before I go on the cruise.  I want to take it for my 40th Birthday but that is 3 years away so my goal is to drop 100 lbs in the next year.  I think that I can do it.  I need as much push as I can get so if you are a reader of my blog please leave me comments and motivate me the best you can and I will do the same for you.  I so badly want to go on a cruise and I have made a goal that I go when it is my 40th Birthday or I go when I lose over 100 lbs whichever comes first so I am hoping that the 100 lbs comes first.... Wish me luck and if you haven't done it yet follow me on twitter or pinterest.....you won't regret it!  Best of Luck to everyone with a goal..... we can do this!! :D Hard work and Dedication!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! My name is Emilio I'm from Argentina. Saw a comment from you in a blog and decided to follow the link!

    I just wanted to leave a comment and say hi! I'm following your blog now and will be checking it out with time.

    I really hope you find the motivation to do this! In my case my motivation was that I was feeling horrible. In every sense. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror and physically I couldn't do anything. With a lot of discipline and effort I've dropped 37.5 lbs in 9 months and intend to drop another 37.5 before January 2014.

    I'll be reading you!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Emilio, I appreciate the support it is always good to know that people are there to support you when you need it the most. :) Congrats on your weight loss it is a great accomplishment and good luck with your future goals. Do you have a blog? If so I would love to follow your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you need motivation?

    Today, I got up at 6am and was out on the road riding my bike for an hour. I then rode to work, and then at 6:30pm in 102 degrees, road for another hour back home. I almost got in 30 miles today. As I was riding, I wondered how I am going to keep this up, what would I tell myself when I don't want to do this long distance stuff.

    The thing that came to mind that I should tell myself is, "Do it anyway!"

    So, give yourself 10 "DIA's" a day. Meaning, when you tell yourself you don't want to do something, just reply, "Do it anyway!" And then follow through.

    These DIA's are your ticket to the cruise you are going for!

    Don

    ReplyDelete