Friday, August 16, 2013

Setting Goals

I decided to set some goals for myself....after all this is my journey.  Plus rewarding yourself for doing good makes you feel good.  My first weight loss goal is 10%.  I think this goal just fits and is a common first goal for many people.  My second goal that isn't weight loss related is to workout at least 3 nights a week. This week I have already hit 4 nights and that doesn't include today, so this goal is for next week.  I know I can do better than 3 nights but I need something to work towards.  This goal is to workout 3 nights a week starting next week for 3 weeks in a row.  I am not sure what my reward will be yet, maybe a new pair of workout pants or a top.  My reward for losing 31 pounds is to get a new sports bra because I will need one after a 31lb loss I am sure and working out in the gym with floppy boobies is not on my list of fun(: 
I think the single most thing about starting this journey again is that it is for ME.  I am doing this for myself not for anyone else.  I am proud of myself already and it has only been 6 days but that is something and for me that is a huge accomplishment already. What is better than loving yourself and giving yourself the gift to be healthy since you have it in the palm of your hands already?  It is time we start loving who we are.   I can't wait to see where this journey will take me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment