Friday, April 12, 2013

Blogging and a Recap...

I love to blog.  I just get overwhelmed and become a huge slacker.  I have so much to say and I want to get it out of my head and then I get busy and start doing other things and completely forget that I want to write down all of this stuff and then I hop in bed and go to sleep and start the day over again.  I read blogs a lot, I spend a lot of time reading blogs.  I think to myself if I have this much time to read them why I am not spending some of this time writing mine?  I don't know the answers but anyhoo here I am updating my blog for the first time in over a week or so.... I don't even know.

Vacation  - I went on Vacation it was an awesome time.  I just wish that the "family" I went with would have been more excited to be on Vacation.  I remember as a kid having to stand in lines for hours and hours to get on rides at amusement parks.  It seems like these days certain kids don't want to stand in line for more than 5 minutes.  I am sorry but you are at Disneyland at one of the peak seasons "Spring Break" if you don't plan to be in a few lines and maybe have to wait longer than 30 minutes you might as well hop the plane back home!  It is life if you want to go on a vacation during this time of the year then you shouldn't expect lines to be SHORT!!  I was so frustrated.  The good news is that my son had an AMAZING Birthday and lost another tooth!  6 years old, and I just can't believe it.  Time passes so quickly and I don't want to miss a minute of him growing up.  (If you follow me on instagram you may have seen some of these photos @lavahotgirl)



Couch to 5K - I started this program a couple of weeks ago.  Let me remind you of something, I don't excercise very often.  I had started excercising and then stopped and I am just plain lazy sometimes.  So on a very early Saturday morning I decided I was going to go outside and take a walk around my park.  I love mornings here as it is quiet not much traffic.  So I did just that, got on my walking shoes and wandered around for awhile.  I made my son go as I think it is important for him to get out and get some excercise now that the weather is getting nice.  Let me tell you he was tired after 9 minutes of being outside.  I swear winter does something to kids....I made him walk withe me anyways and we did about a mile and half in 30 minutes.  I know that is quite a long time for a mile and 30 but we were walking and he was going pretty slow.  I felt so good that I got up on Sunday and decided to start the first day of couch to 5K.  I did GREAT.  I didn't go as far as I did the day before walking but I did the entire first day workout and I finished!! I was so HAPPY and I felt good the rest of the day.  I wasn't tired like I normally am .... and then came Vacation and well all that went out the window.  However, I am back out in the morning even if it is under 40 degrees again.  I am going to bust out some couch to 5K.  I have an Electric Run 5K in September and I need to get BUSY!

Remodeling -  I am working on doing some home improvements so stay tuned for some pictures of before and after in the bathroom and bedroom.  I might even throw in some pictures of the living room, however not sure if I have any.  I am painting and getting a few new furniture items and just making it cute!  I plan to live here for another couple years so I need to make it mine and just fix it up and make the BEST of it. :)  Laters everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment