Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Being Stood Up

Being stood up is strange for me.  I haven't ever been stood up before, well stood up with no explanation and no closure.  Let me set the picture... I am obviously single.  I have been on a handful of dates over the last year.  I met this guy who I thought I really might have a connection with.  We were supposed to go out last Saturday but he was out of town and didn't make it back in time respectfully text let me know, felt bad and said he would make it up to me.  We scheduled a new date for Monday.  We text most of the day and decided where to meet and a time.  Last text said see you at 7:15, I'm excited to meet you.  I text him before leaving the house and no reply.  We were already FB friends so I went on FB and to my surprise I was no longer on his friends list.  Hmm I thought something was wrong with FB surely no grown man would delete me for no reason...needless to say I went to our meeting place he didn't show after a couple text, calling his number and sending an emailing in hopes that nothing was wrong...I look and can see he is online on FB even though we aren't friends his profile is not private.  Is it normal for me to wonder what happened?  Confusion set in for sure and I could just not figure it out, everything seemed to be going good. I feel like I was owed an explanation.  I am not going to dwell on it anymore and this is the last time I will talk about it.  Please if you're a guy and you ask a woman out be respectful of her feelings.  I am hurt because of the fact that I feel like I was owed an explanation but I am not broken and I will not let this ruin me for dating other guys, I just find it odd and hope that if anyone is ever in the situation of being stood up that they know it is his loss and not yours.  We are worth so much more and I know I am worth more. In the past this would have broken me and I would have turned to food and struggled, this time I am stronger and I choose to stay stronger.  We can choose our own happiness.  I hope in life he finds what he is looking for and I hope that one day if our paths do cross he will realize what he lost out on. 

Remember you're worth it...don't ever let anyone make you feel like you're not. 

~ Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment