Friday, August 17, 2012

The SCALE....

I have a bad addiction to jumping on the scale everyday.  I know I shouldn't but it is habit, the problem with this for me is that the scale at home doesn't come close to telling me what my scale at my Dr. office tells me.  I weigh in at home to be accountable, but I don't count what the scale at home is telling me I only count what the scale at the Dr. tells me.  Therefore what weight I post on here will only be actual weightloss numbers from my Dr. office.  I went to the Dr. on Tuesday, I hate going during the week.  I hate going even more on a Tuesday.... and even more than that the Tuesday right  after my Birthday that was on Monday!  I was thinking in my head FAIL!!  It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be for a Dr. appointment that was in the week in the evening 5:30, I usually go on Saturday's and have early morning appointments like 11:30.  So here it is the results of my weight loss.... I have been logging into MFP daily for the last 35 + days and working out more than I have in my life over the last month... not everyday but more and anytime you are moving more you are still doing something and passing everyone on the couch who isn't doing anything... I have to keep this in my mind.  So my results were this....


316 - Starting Weight
302.6 - Current Weight

That is a 13.4 loss in a month.... and I am not complaining.  I also have the Dr. check my loss of muscle vs. fat vs. whatever... I don't know what that thing does I just know that out of those 13.4 lbs only 2 lbs of it was muscle mass and the rest was the fat mass or whatever it is that the thing measures.... all I can say is I am proud of myself and proud of my accomplishment and even though the scale doesn't define me or define who I am, it sure makes me feel good that I am doing something for myself for a change... and I can't wait to see what this next month brings.... I have a 3 mile walk planned for the 25th of this month and in this heat I am hoping to be able to walk the entire 3 miles.... I am excited for all of these new adventures and they give me something to work towards and a goal and even though my goals are not always weight loss related they are helping with that side of things as well.  I will try to post more often.... things have just been so crazy around here... and if it means not posting to get in a workout then I am going for the workout :) Until next time! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment